RURAL METRO FIRE DEPARTMENT - Tucson
3759 NORTH COMMERCE DRIVE
TUCSON, ARIZONA 85705
Updated: September 07, 2021
Position Title: Firefighter/EMT
The Rural Metro Fire Department of Pima County is currently building an eligibility list for the position of Firefighter EMT. Candidates are required to complete NTN's FireTEAM exam and Public Safety Self-Assessment to be considered for the position. A completed department application is required.
Salary Information: $51,000/annually
Benefit Information: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Vacation, Sick Leave, Life Insurance, Short/Long Term Disability
Matt Weaver, Training Chief
Department Overview: Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us. With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
US Citizen: Yes
High School Grad/GED: Yes
Valid ARIZONA State Driver's License: Yes (Valid driver’s license, able to get Arizona within 6 months)
Ability to Read/Speak English: Yes
Prior Experience: Preferred
Necessary Certifications: State of Arizona, International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC) or Fire Service Professional Qualifications System (ProBoard) certifications as a minimum:
· Firefighter I & II
· Current CPAT certificate
· Hazardous Materials-Operations
· State of Arizona or National Registered EMT-Basic
· Current CPR card
· Able to work any assigned shift, including nights, holidays and weekends.
· Available to work overtime as assigned and as needed on an emergency basis.
· Must meet local standards pertaining to qualifications, training and/or eligibility for hiring placement or promotion.
· Application Review
· Oral Interview
· Job Offer
· Conduct fire safety, home safety, fire extinguisher and pre-fire planning inspections.
· Provide information to the public, install smoke detectors, conduct station tours, visit schools, and participate in public education standbys.
· Work involves serving the public.
· Work requires cooperative/supportive interaction with co-workers, supervisors, doctors and other healthcare workers.
· Work requires interaction with representatives of other City departments, other fire departments and local, state and federal agencies.
· Performs fire suppression duties by responding to emergency fire alarms.
· Assists in the suppression of structural, residential, commercial, industrial, chemical, petroleum, vehicle, aircraft and Wildland fires, applying the appropriate extinguishing agents to the source of the fire.
· Operates various pieces of fire equipment and gear for fire suppression and control; drives and operates fire apparatus; search and rescue; ventilation and salvage operations.
· Provides written reports detailing specific firefighting and rescue actions taken on scene.
Emergency Medical Services
· Responds to emergency medical calls; performs primary and secondary physical assessment of ill or injured persons, providing emergency and non-emergency medical procedures both on scene and in a moving vehicle.
· Performs skilled tasks at the scenes of emergency and non-emergency calls, and transfers patients to medical facilities.
· Treat patients in accordance with established Emergency Medical Service Protocols and Rural/Metro Fire Department policy.
· Provide written reports detailing patient care.
· Portable radios are used as a means of communication.
· Must conduct all radio communications in a professional, respectful manner.
· Conduct daily and weekly vehicle and equipment inspections as assigned.
· Ensure all vehicle and equipment discrepancies are documented and reported to the on-duty Fire Captain.
· Perform daily maintenance of facilities by cleaning, inspecting, and any other facility maintenance deemed necessary.
· Participate in all required training sessions, including, but not limited to; live fire drills, performance evaluation drills, ongoing skills maintenance, practice and training, annual OSHA drills, EMS major skills and any other mandatory Company training.
· Reviews paperwork for accuracy and correct process.
· Must participate in scheduled and unscheduled onsite compliance audits.
· Implements corrective/preventive measures as determined by the Corporate Compliance/Audit Committee.
· Cooperates with Internal Audit, Compliance and HR on any recommendations and changes to compliance and legal workflow issues.
· Takes swift and immediate action in accordance with Internal Audit and Corporate Compliance on any areas of concern.
· Complies and enforces all policies and procedures.
· Has successfully completed all required Compliance Training within the required time period.
· Has had no compliance related corrective action during the current review period.
· Perform other duties as directed or which may be assigned that is specific to the local operation.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Upon acceptance of offer and joining the GMR family, you will be required to submit your Covid-19 vaccination status of either vaccinated or not vaccinated.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled