Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
Under general supervision, a Firefighter/EMT performs fire prevention, fire suppression, hazardous material incident response and emergency rescue and medical assistance duties to protect life and property.
- Conduct fire safety, home safety, fire extinguisher and pre-fire planning inspections.
- Provide information to the public, install smoke detectors, conduct station tours, visit schools, and participate in public education standbys.
- Interacts cooperatively and supportively with co-workers, supervisors, doctors and other healthcare workers.
- Interacts with representatives of City departments, fire departments and local, state and federal agencies
- Performs fire suppression duties by responding to emergency fire alarms
- Assists in the suppression of structural, residential, commercial, industrial, chemical, petroleum, vehicle, aircraft and Wildland fires; applying the appropriate extinguishing agents to the source of the fire.
- Operates various pieces of fire equipment and gear for fire suppression and control; drives and operates fire apparatus; search and rescue; ventilation and salvage operations.
- Provides written reports detailing specific firefighting and rescue actions taken on scene.
- Responds to emergency medical calls by evaluating situations.
- Provides emergency and non-emergency medical procedures both on scene and in a moving vehicle.
- Transfers patients to medical facilities.
- Treat patients in accordance with established Emergency Medical Service Protocols and Rural/Metro Fire Department policy.
- Provide written reports detailing patient care.
- Conduct all communications in a professional, respectful manner.
- Conduct daily and weekly vehicle and equipment inspections
- Ensure all vehicle and equipment discrepancies are documented and reported
- Perform daily maintenance of facilities by cleaning, inspecting, and any other facility maintenance
- Participate in all required training sessions, including, but not limited to; live fire drills, performance evaluation drills, ongoing skills maintenance, practice and training, annual OSHA drills, and EMS major skills
- State issued, International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC) or Fire Service Professional Qualifications System (ProBoard) certifications as a minimum: Firefighter I, Hazardous Materials-Operations
- IState, IFSAC, ProBoard or FAA Airport Firefighter certification if assigned to an airport operation
- State issued or National Registered EMT-B
- Current CPR/AED certification
- Valid driver license with acceptable driving record in accordance with Rural/Metro policy
- Able to work any assigned shift, including nights, holidays and weekends
- Available to work overtime as assigned and as needed
- High School diploma or GED required
If your passion is helping those in need and you have the skills to deliver patient care in missions where every second counts, apply today!
Upon acceptance of offer and joining the GMR family, you will be required to submit your Covid-19 vaccination status of either vaccinated or not vaccinated.