Job Description Summary : | Job Description :
Performs a wide variety of administrative duties in support of the Training/Safety/EMS Division.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce reports and other division documents that require a thorough knowledge of the use of computer word processing and the Target Solutions program.
- Makes arrangements for meetings by setting up meeting rooms, contacting other officials or staff members involved regarding materials or reports to be presented or discussed, and assists in the preparation of the agenda.
- Prepare a wide variety of other reports, letters, memoranda, policies, operational manuals, statistical charts, and other materials from rough draft, notes, transcribing recordings, using a word processor, graphics and data base programs
- Independently compose correspondence related to responsibilities assigned; independently perform all of the office support work of the Operations Division
- Establishes and maintains confidential files concerned with personnel and/or policy matters. Records actions taken on sensitive issues, and releases information to authorized parties upon approval.
- Assist in the hiring process by collecting, organizing and maintaining training files, electronic and paper.
- Assist in training of new personnel on the use of Target Solutions.
- Maintain database of all required Fire, Rescue, EMS certifications/ Credentials.
- Track personnel training timelines: end of probation, promotions, etc.
- Assist in scheduling and assigning Target Solutions assignments.
- Create, Revise and Maintain forms as needed for Training division.
- Assists with annual review of the Career Development Guide.
Safety/EMS Committee Support
- Serve as recording secretary, as needed, to the Training/Safety/EMS Committees: preparing the agenda, notifications, assembling background materials; and taking minutes of meetings, and processing post-meeting documents.
- Maintain CPR/First Aid certificates; maintain database.
- Maintain, and assist in revising all company related safety manuals and policies.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma
- Associates degree in Business Administration/Management or at least 5 years’ experience as an administrator.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- COMPUTER SKILLS: Advanced computer software application (Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) and Internet navigational skills. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Understanding of basic training methodology and processes; fire industry preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
- The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a part-time position.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.