The rescue technician lead is responsible for managing and supervising a technical rescue team of 2 – 5 individuals. Rescue technician leads are responsible to supervise and perform set-up, rigging, atmospheric monitoring of vessels or spaces. The rescue technician lead will provide all the site-specific paperwork to include daily unit logs, confined space permits, rescue plans and incident reports, as needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development and implementation of the incident action and pre-rescue plan.
- Address the coordination and supervision of all rescue personnel activities and the specific site.
- Determine rescue organizational and logistics needs of the team and the working site.
- Directly supervises a team and ensures adherence to all safety policies.
- Receive and/or conduct safety briefings JSA’s completes safety logs and ensure team members are adequately informed of situation.
- Perform personnel evaluations as directed.
- Provide and maintain all necessary paperwork for the customer and company.
- Responsible for the application of appropriate rescue tactics and techniques including rope rescue, confined space rescue, high/low angle rescue, victim packaging and extrication.
- Responsible for the safe and effective operation and maintenance of rescue tools, equipment, apparatus and PPE.
- Keep the station and related grounds, facilities, and supplies in a clean, orderly, and useable condition.
- Perform routine rescue work tasks willingly and adequately, such as working on Company records, maintaining equipment and other documented information.
- Research and develop rescue site plans for facilities and participates in planning technical rescue activities.
- Able to meet the physical requirements required to perform technical rescue tasks.
- Meet continuing educational requirements in emergency medical procedures and maintains skills in the operation and maintenance of medical equipment.
- Project a positive image to the public as a safety professional. Develop and maintain support for technical rescue and standby activities.
- Maintain a current and thorough working knowledge of local, state, and federal codes and standards and is able to correctly interpret and apply them.
- Abide by the Company’s rules, regulations, policies, procedures, mission, guiding principles, and “The Capstone Way.”
- Preform additional tasks or duties as assigned.
- Maintain knowledge, skills, and proficiency by attending training drills and completing training assignments as directed by the company.
- Perform additional tasks or duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Valid Medical Examiner’s Card
- Clean Driver’s Record
- High School Diploma or GED
- CPR with AED
- EMT (Desired)
- CSR Physical Agility Test (see job description for details)
- Pass full DOT physical (bending, pushing, pulling, crouching, and vision)
- Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC)
- Pass Federal TSA background check for access into installations near waterways and sensitive security areas
- Three (3) years in a professional fire department and/or Industrial CS Rescue Work
- Confined Space Rescue Technician (40hrs) (Other agencies will be accepted, but specific Capstone rescue jobs require CA State Fire Marshal Rescue Technician and must be met prior to Job Assignment)
- 40hr HAZWOPER
- I-200, I-300,
- CA State Fire Marshal Trench Rescue,
- CA State Fire Marshal Rescue Systems I
- OSHA 30 – General Industry
- Scott SCBA Technician, MSA Atmospheric Technician
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- COMPUTER SKILLS: Advanced computer software application (Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) and Internet navigational skills. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Clearly see objects with vision meeting Company requirements
- Follow verbal and written instructions
- Effectively apply rescue, and emergency medical techniques
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Think and act quickly and competently in emergencies and under stress.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
- The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a part-time position.
- This position requires routine visits to personnel at various locations and sites. Overnight travel is rare.
- Work and live as a member of a team and give and follow directions in an emergency setting
- Ability to use continuous and/or short bursts of muscle force to jump, sprint, climb ladders, pull victims out of hazardous areas
- Up and downstairs carrying equipment as required, lifting, pushing, pulling, or carrying objects using hands, arms, back, abdominal muscles, shoulders, or legs
- Exert physically over a period of time without giving out
- Ability to meet Essential Job Functions
- Must be able to Pass the initial and annual Arduous Work Capacity Test
- Work effectively and safely during unavoidable exposure to an unpleasant environment with exposure to potentially serious and somewhat unpredictable hazards
- Safely wear a self-contained breathing apparatus without medical or physical restriction
- Move body quickly while keeping balance on surfaces offering narrow footing
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.