Industrial EMT - Volkswagen
Schedule and Location
Full-time: Work schedule is typically 12 hour rotating shifts
Works closely with the employer while representing Rural Metro Fire. Responds to emergencies, treats injuries, and makes referrals, as needed, in accordance with appropriate rules, regulations, and protocols. Collaborates with employer on strategies for the prevention of work-related and environmental injuries. Scope of responsibility may vary based on the assigned client.
This is considered a safety sensitive position and is subject to both, the Company’s and the Client’s Industrial Drug and Alcohol Testing Policy, which includes: pre-employment testing, post-accident testing, random testing, reasonable suspicion testing, return to duty testing and follow-up testing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assesses patient condition/injury and provides first aid treatment consistent with scope of practice and standing orders. Recommends next level of care, when appropriate, based upon extent of injury/illness.
- Selects, applies, and educates patients on durable medical equipment as directed by provider (i.e., wraps, splints, braces, crutches).
- Provides appropriate patient education through teach back and reviews with patient standard care instructions.
- Assists employees with general health and safety including blood pressure monitoring, safety gear maintenance, and other related items.
- Responds to on-site medical emergencies and coordinates medical transport when necessary.
- Maintains current and accurate communication with employer regarding work-related injuries and other areas, as needed.
- Ensures inspections, calibrations, and/or quality controls are maintained per manufacturer guidelines or department guidelines.
- Conducts routine safety rounds with employer team members to identify injury prevention opportunities.
- Completes monthly inspections and accurate record keeping of AED and other medical/safety equipment. Assists with restocking medical supplies.
- Ensures patient care areas are clean and adequately stocked with unexpired medical supplies and has equipment that is in good working condition. Properly handles, stores, and cleans instruments, equipment, and supplies per manufacturer guidelines.
- Must have reliable transportation and must report to work punctually for all scheduled shifts and in proper uniform.
- Maintaining a clean and complete uniform, personal hygiene, and professional, pleasant and polite demeanor to all persons with whom the individual comes in contact with while on duty.
- Performs recordkeeping and clerical duties, as needed.
- Available to work extended or overtime shifts when necessary.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Valid State Driver’s License
- Minimum Training Requirements:
- Must possess an Emergency Medical Technician-Basic (EMT-B) certification or higher and agree to attend and successfully complete a company sponsored Firefighter I academy, OR
- Must possess a Tennessee Firefighter I certification and agree to attend and successfully complete a company sponsored EMT/AEMT class.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- COMPUTER SKILLS: Advanced computer software application (Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) and Internet navigational skills. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
- The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee will be exposed to noise levels ranging from moderate to very loud, from open areas to very cramped confined spaces.
- The employee may be required to work at heights above ground and/or confined spaces within the plant premises.
- The work environment will subject the employee to heavy traffic conditions both in responding to emergency calls and when attempting extrications at emergency scenes.