Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
This position is responsible for providing basic life support skills as allowed by the local, state and federal protocols and assisting in the delivery of seriously ill or injured patients to appropriate hospital personnel. Provides basic information relative to identification and condition of patient. Must use sound judgment in the analysis of emergency and non-emergency situations and react calmly and quickly under these circumstances.
- Drive an emergency vehicle to and from calls to transport patient(s) in a safe and prudent manner using the most efficient route to ensure the quickest response times
- Assist in carrying patient(s) by stretcher or other device to emergency vehicle and secure patient inside the vehicle choosing the safest means of transport
- Initiate patient treatment and care utilizing initial protocol treatment based on patient condition
- Conduct basic and advanced life support skills including but not limited to: bleeding control, treatment of shock, emergency childbirth, splinting of fractures, airway control, assessing vital signs, spinal immobilization, lifting and moving patients, AED defibrillation, I.V. administration, and administration of intermediate medications
- Obtain and preserve where possible samples of substances to assist hospital personnel in patient diagnosis and treatment
- Observe and keep records regarding symptoms of patients
- Communicate information to other members of the healthcare profession, patients, family members, and other responders as necessary and appropriate
- Complete and submit documentation
- Inspect, safely operate, and maintain all equipment, supplies, and tools to meet standards set by GMR, local state, and local medical control
- Check emergency vehicle regularly to ensure vehicle is in good operating condition throughout shift
- Maintain a safe and healthy workplace as per the standards set forth by the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) and GMR
- Stay current with leading industry practices/knowledge base
- Maintain all required licenses and certifications by attending courses provided by local operation and medical community to obtain CEU’s and CEC’s
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in EMS setting preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have experience driving an emergency vehicle
- Current EMT-IV License
- Valid State Driver’s License
- Current CPR/BLS Certification from AHA
If your passion is helping those in need and you have the skills to deliver patient care in missions where every second counts, apply today!
Upon acceptance of offer and joining the GMR family, you will be required to submit your Covid-19 vaccination status of either vaccinated or not vaccinated.