Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
The mission and purpose this position is to compassionately deliver high-quality service and basic, as well as advanced patient care in a professional, caring and cost-effective manner.
- Assess each call situation to determine best course of action and appropriate protocol
- Utilize medical equipment and procedures including defibrillator, EKG monitor, oxygen and suction devices, intravenous fluids, CPR and other procedures and medications as required to provide advanced medical care
- Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety requirements
- Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical direction and to provide critical information
- Communicate with patient and loved ones to provide information and assurance that care is being given, and to show compassion
- Continuously maintain all required certifications
- Communicate with dispatcher to receive and understand call data and customer feedback
- Monitor and maintain the general condition of the unit, keep it clean and stocked for optimal call response to maintain the image of AMR
- Document activities with regard to patient care and billing completely to ensure appropriate information is available regarding each call
- Follow policies and procedures regarding out-of-chute times and turnaround times
- Consider patient status and insurance preferred facilities when determining transportation destinations
- Work collaboratively and in a professional manner with all allied health and public safety personnel
- Read road maps, drive vehicles, and accurately discern street signs and address numbers
- Read medication/prescription labels and directions for usage in quick, accurate, and expedient manner
- Communicate verbally with patients and significant others in various environments to interview patient, family members, and bystanders
- Converse with dispatcher and EMS providers via phone or radio as to status of patient
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED). Some advanced education preferred
- Current state Paramedic License
- Possess a valid State Driver’s License
- Current BCLS, ACLS, PALS or PEPP, BTLS or PHTLS Provider Certification (where applicable or required by contract)
- Must be able to successfully pass Physical Agility Test
If your passion is helping those in need and you have skills to deliver patient care in missions where every second counts, apply today!
Upon acceptance of offer and joining the GMR family, you will be required to submit your Covid-19 vaccination status of either vaccinated or not vaccinated.