We invite you to join a team of highly skilled firefighting and medical experts, making a difference every minute of every day!
Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
The Firefighter operates and maintains a variety of fire apparatus and firefighting equipment participates in firefighting activities, emergency medical services and performs mechanical maintenance on vehicles, equipment, and apparatus.
• Conduct fire safety, home safety, fire extinguisher and pre-fire planning inspections.
• Provide information to the public, install smoke detectors, conduct station tours, visit schools, and participate in public education standbys.
• Work involves serving the public.
• Work requires cooperative/supportive interaction with co-workers, supervisors, doctors and other healthcare workers.
• Work requires interaction with representatives of clients, other fire departments and local, state and federal agencies.
• Performs fire suppression duties by responding to emergency fire scenes
• Assists in the suppression of various types of fires; applying the appropriate extinguishing agents to the source of the fire.
• Operates various pieces of fire equipment and gear for fire suppression and control; drives and operates fire apparatus; conducts search and rescue; ventilation and salvage operations
• Responds to emergency medical calls by evaluating situations, providing emergency and non-emergency medical procedures both on scene and in a moving vehicle, and transferring patients to medical facilities.
• Treat patients in accordance with level of certification and established Emergency Medical Service Protocols.
• Valid driver license with acceptable driving record in accordance with Company policy. DUI within last 5 years is disqualifying.
• Able to work any shift assigned, including nights, holidays and weekends.
• Available to work overtime as assigned and as needed on an emergency basis.
• Must meet local standards pertaining to qualifications, training and/or eligibility for hiring placement or promotion.
• High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent.
• State issued or International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC), or (ProBoard) certifications as a minimum: Firefighter I, Hazardous Materials-Operations
• If assigned to an airport operation- State, (IFSAC) or (ProBoard) certification is required.
• State issued or National Registered EMT-B or EMT-P certification.
• Current ACLS certification required if applicant is a EMT-P
• Current AHA CPR/AED certification. | Job Description :
WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Work is performed primarily in an indoor office environment; Firefighting, Medical Services and Rescue duties may be performed in or outdoors in potentially adverse conditions, such as, but not limited to: extreme heat, cold, wet, humid, and loud situations.
• While performing the duties of this job, fire department personnel are frequently required to walk, sit, climb, crawl, kneel, bend, stoop, lift, talk, see, hear, feel, use clear speech and operate machinery.
• There is a need to reach and perform moderate (20-50 pounds) and heavy (50-200 pounds) lifting during the use of tools and equipment, and while assisting others while extinguishing fires or treating ill/injured persons.
• Occasionally: Analyzing, judgment.
• Frequently: Problem solving, decision making, reasoning.
• Constantly: Work requires the ability to read and write reports, follow orders and instructions and read fire manuals. General math calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
If you have a passion for firefighting and patient care and you have the drive to succeed and the skills to deliver where every second counts, apply today!
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled