Job Description Summary : Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
Plans, organizes, and directs the emergency service operations of a business unit that is part of a full-service fire/EMS/rescue emergency response agency. They are also the primary representative of the company in emergency service incidents at the local level. Assists with planning, organizing, controlling assigned profit or cost center in accordance with all company philosophies, strategies, goals, objectives, principles, and procedures. Responsible for creating annual revenue and operating plan to achieve profit and loss objectives in the area assigned.
• Meet or exceed budgeted operating profit objectives in area assigned.
• Drive toward increased market share by supporting objectives for conversion, penetration, and retention within the assigned operation.
• Drive increased business growth.
• Visit all direct reports daily (during the work week), including any secondary operations, as assigned, and any acquisition locations assigned.
• Coach and develop supervisory team to achieve individual and operational revenue, operating profit, and expense goals and objectives.
• Maintain relationships with strategic local municipalities and political leaders.
• Monitor and manage key performance indicators and operational performance data
Profit & Loss Objectives
• Operate to meet or exceed operating profit objectives.
• Maintain full employment within assigned area.
• Manage local relationships to optimize profitability.
• Manage assets within the area assigned to control expense.
• Accountable for fiscal management of area assigned.
Strategic Planning and Development
• Create a culture that provides exceptional service at all levels.
• Create an environment to ensure Rural/Metro is the employer of choice.
• Maintain an in-depth and complete knowledge of competitor activity within the area assigned. Analyze intelligence data and provide recommendations for future action plans.
• Develop brand and name awareness.
• Represent the Company at political events, trade shows, recruitment events, industry meetings, etc.
• Make recommendations to the Fire Chief on possible acquisitions, or new markets.
Human Resource Management
• Ensure full employment within the area assigned and work hand-in-hand with senior management and HR to ensure that positions are filled quickly and that quality candidates are hired and retained.
• Work with senior management and HR to identify training locations, interview candidates, and train new employees.
• Use Succession Planning process to build the organization, identify and retain talent, and prepare employees for promotion.
• Provide direction to direct reports to initiate appropriate levels of training, and to promote an environment consistent with Rural/Metro culture throughout the area assigned.
• Accountability for following Collective Bargaining Agreements within areas assigned.
• Conduct timely and informative meetings with staff. Cascade information in a timely fashion.
• Overall accountability for compliance with Company policies and procedures as well as compliance in assigned area.
• Works effectively with the Fire Chief to ensure a detailed, organized and highly efficient Zone approach.
• Support corporate initiatives.
• Complies and enforces all policies and procedures.
• Ensures and inspects paperwork for accuracy and compliance.
• Responsible for escalating concerns regarding questionable paperwork to appropriate management.
• Has successfully completed all required Compliance Training within the required time.
• Has had no compliance related corrective action during the current review period.
• Minimum 6 years managing a field operations team.
• Proven ability to develop annual operating plans with clearly defined objectives and target markets.
• Proven and consistent track record for meeting and exceeding P&L targets. Able to deliver on plan and achieve goals.
• Proven knowledge of local, state and federal rules and regulations as applied to the fire service and ambulance industry.
• Proven knowledge of “best practices” information sources and organizations available to fire service managers.
• Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university, or 10 years related experience and training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Target-oriented and result-focused management style. Ensure subordinates understand what is expected of them.
• Possess entrepreneurial qualities including the ability to motivate and mobilize a field team.
• High energy level and high degree of self-motivation.
• Display a sense of urgency and be an effective strategic planner.
• Build “people bank” and bench strength. Establish a track record for developing promotable people to meet organizational needs by providing the necessary tools and feedback needed to maximize performance and success.
• Demonstrate initiative.
• Exhibit high degree of social, ethical, and organizational norms.
• Dissatisfied with mediocre performance. Set high standards for self and others. Monitor progress and provide constructive feedback.
• Display a sense of urgency.
• Maintain a stable disposition despite external pressure and opposition.
• Demonstrate an open managerial style and positive attitude that impacts others in a positive way.
• Must have a valid driver’s license. | Job Description :
WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS Working Conditions:
Frequently: Works around others, works alone, face-to face and verbal contact with others, inside, noise, extended day.
Constantly: Works with others, face-to-face and verbal contact with others.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, couch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
Occasionally: Walking inside and outside, pushing, pulling, may lift and carry no more than 60 pounds.
Frequently: Lifting and carrying no more than 20 pounds, typing 40 wpm, stooping, bending.
Constantly: Hearing/listening, clear speech, touching, seeing, and typing.
Occasionally: Analyzing, judgment.
Frequently: Memorization, perception/computation, problem solving, simple and complex math skills, reasoning.
Constantly: Simple reading and writing, clerical, decision making.
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
• Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
• One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
• Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
• Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
• Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
• Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.